Welcome to the Merley House blog! Here you can find all sorts of interesting posts related the events held at Merley House.
Now a bit about Merley House…
The Georgian house stands overlooking the town of Wimborne Minster and with its beautiful views, Merley House is the perfect setting for a wedding, private party, conference or corporate party
The house is comprised of five state rooms and a smaller meeting/board room:
- The Dining Parlour – Situated in the North-West corner of the building, decorated in blue tones with a captivating ceiling incorporating a depiction of Bacchus receiving a cup of wine from Ceres. Capacity: 18 people (board room) 40 people (cinema style) 36 people (cabaret)
- The Drawing Room – Decorated predominantly in green with white cornicing and detailed in gold, boasts an impressive chimney piece in white and green marble. The ceiling has a large central oval depicting “The Judgement of Paris”. Capacity: 18 people (boardroom) 40 people (cinema style) 36 people (cabaret).
- The Old Library – With a southerly outlook, this is the largest of the rooms for hire. It is decorated in grey and features plasterwork clouds and sunbursts within an arabesque and garlanded boarder. Capacity: 28 people (boardroom) 100 people (cinema style) 60 people (cabaret).
- The Morning Room – Accessed by double doors from The Old Library this room houses a fully stocked bar and a Berstein grand piano. French doors lead to the south-east corner of the house and a delightful enclosed patio area.
- The Old Nursery – Located on the first floor featuring three full-length windows and a panoramic view of Wimborne Minster. Capacity: 8 people (boardroom).